måndag 11 september 2017

What is this?

Hello fellow book lovers and book collectors!

I have decided to start a little blog! A little blog about what you might ask? Well, books of course! But here is the thing: on my YouTube channel (Pontus Presents) I solely focus on the very physical aspect of books; the design, the binding, the quality of the paper (maybe I should introduce a smell part to my videos too? I know people do enjoy smelling their books, hmm...)*, but you are probably aware of this already. What do I want with this little blog then? The plan is simple:

This is a blog about all things book collecting and all things beautiful books. Yes. ALL things beautiful books.

Attractive photos of books. Book collecting tips & tricks. In-Depth Reviews. Beautiful books speculations. Me ranting about the Folio Society.

I want this to be a platform dedicated to the utter most elegance of books that are produced with that little extra... that little extra I like to call a book soul. You know when you are holding a book that has a soul compared to a book who lacks one. You can feel it in the binding. You can smell it. You can feel the soul linger on your fingertips when you turn the pages. You know what I mean.

I truly hope you will find your place here and enjoy what I have to share!

That is all for this first post.

I wish you all the best.

--- --- ---

Sincerely,

Pontus.


* I will use parentheses whenever I want express stuff that just suddenly pops into my head. Might get a tad bit weird but we will see how it goes.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar